The methodology we apply to the production of seedlings
Our company is based on the philosophy that it has to deliver plants that are :
- Of proper development
- Desirable variety & rootstock
In order to ensure the excellent phytosanitary status of the saplings we produce, we have been going on for years to create mother plantations. We cultivate varieties in a perfectly controlled environment (greenhouse), thus ensuring mother plants free of illness. Every year, we receive buds from these plants, which we use to produce our seedlings. Our mother plantations are controlled by the Phytopathology & Virology Laboratory of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki and if a pathogen is found, the mother plant is destroyed.
As far as the proper growth of plants is concerned, we do all the necessary cultivation work always in the aspect of good agricultural practice and protection of the environment.
In order for the producer to receive the desireble variety, the company "Milis Nurseries" emphasizes the following:
- Scions are always received by qualified personnelonly
- Nurseries are mapped in such a way that mistakes are excluded
- The safeguards we set up, zero the possibility of an error
Many times in order for a producer to decide what variety to plant, the price during the current growing season is displayed as an argument.
We, based on:
- in our philosophy of healthy, good growth, desirable variety & subject plants,
- in the wide range that we have and continuously enrich, with new varieties after testing them,
we have established in recent years the production of plants "on request". We prepare the saplings that the producer will plant 1 year after. This way, the producer has all the above mentioned advantages of our company. Moreover, they are confident that they receive the ordered saplings at the best value.